Deborah A. Bowman (bowmanauthor): Author of 8 books; Writer/Editor/Designer/Publishing Agent/Ghostwriter
My first poem was published when I was 12 years old in a 4-H Magazine, and I was hooked!
I read everything I could get my hands on and wrote continuously … everything for everyone.
My career allowed me to write in different voices, media, and genre. It was gratifying to create the right product for the right audience; hopefully, on-time and in-budget:
- Educated at the U.S. Department of Army Graduate School, I became the youngest and first female Authorization Publications Officer for DOD. I take great pride in supporting our Armed Forces with clear, accurate instructional manuals and reports, many of which are still in use today, and creating full-color newspaper/public affairs media.
- I wrote a monthly column for the “Medical News” as an Advanced Certified Psychological Hypnotherapist (A.C.P.H.) and was featured in the “Washington Post Newspaper Parenting Magazine” for my work with ADHD teens. Hypnotherapy certification started out as a hobby for me to cope with pain and to learn relaxation, but my desire to help others has always pushed me in new, exciting directions.
- At an early age (late-30s) I spent two years in a wheelchair, working as a Fiction Reader for Erie Literary Agency. I learned invaluable tools to assist other authors produce their best works. I embraced the challenge!
- I have had numerous poems and lyrics/songs published as a musician (reeds, guitar, piano, Celtic harp, singer). Runner-up songwriter award for the Mid-Atlantic Songwriting Contest, 2nd year after inception. Winner of The Editor’s Choice Award in poetry, 1998. Poem dedicated and copyrighted to www. lupus.org for their use, gratis, in 2014. An article and photo written, gratis, and used by The Buttery mansion/restaurant on the history of the location in Lewes, Delaware, 2015. Other awards with DOD, award-winning authors, which I have represented or ghostwritten for, are too numerous to mention.
- As an editor/formatter for eBookstand.com (rated no. 3 on Oprah Winfrey’s print-on-demand list), I e-published two of my own books: A novel and a short-story Anthology. I had finally returned to my roots. I currently have 8 books of my own published.
Now, I’m very happy and pleased to wear two hats:
- The Writer/Editor/Ghostwriter who polishes all genre/all media of written and designed products to the highest quality at affordable prices by “continuously reading everything for everyone”. I read for myself with my clients in mind to offer cutting-edge trends in editing and proofreading. One should never proofread their own work.
- The fiction writer/reader (aren’t all writers, readers?) writing, doing book reviews, editorial reviews, encouraging, mentoring, coaching, and public speaking on tricks-of-the-trade in publishing; book readings and signings; launching books for other authors whom I have ghostwritten for; and a strong advocate for SLE Lupus, speaking and writing on remaining active, accepted, and recognized for yourself, not defined by a disability or handicap.
MY BOOKS ARE ALL LINKED BELOW AND ON MY SIDEBAR:
- Latest Release, January 2017, Annie’s Story, Blessed With A Gift: Inspired by an hypnotic past-life regression and much research, this historical fiction selection appeals to all ages, including YA. Annie’s message is timeless as she represents the treatment, bullying, labeling, and abuse of individuals with special needs, especially women and children. Unfortunately, perceptions haven’t changed all that much since the 17th century. In Annie’s lifetime amidst suspicion and fears of demonology (1630-1648), children born with birth defects and their mothers were banished or put to death; their names cleansed from all church and legal records. Annie is an incredible savant, whimsical as a child, with paranormal and healing gifts from the Spiritual Universe. Sequel due out 2018. #JoinAnnieMovement http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9NRYMU
- Quill and Ink … Inspirational, Motivational, and Creative Writings: Poetry, Essays, Excerpts, Short Stories, and Creative Visualization for the spiritual, artistic, or curious individual. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018F05SU8
- LIVING IN A SHADOW, a full-length novel, romantic psychological suspense, for mature audiences. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AP68CUO
- DENNY RYDER PARANORMAL CRIME SERIES, Novella Thrillers for YA and adults:
- STROKE OF FEAR! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CFWYAX4
- STROKE OF MIDNIGHT! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F8Z2KAK
- STROKE OF SILENCE! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH78VOE
- STROKE OF INNOCENCE! Book 4 in the Denny Ryder Paranormal Crime Series. http://www.amazon.com/drp/B00ZMNYZ1K
- 5th Book/Novella due out in 2017, Stroke of Passion!
- RELEASED, February 22, 2015, The Boy and the Shopkeeper, Episode One, DELILAH, ASTRAL INVESTIGATOR INFINITY SERIES: Time-Travel Novels for tweens, teens, YA/adult. 2nd book due out in 2017. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TVULOQY
I am available to speak in-person, SKYPE, Zoom, video, podcast, conference calls, webinars.
I am CEO of http://www.clasidconsultantspublishing.com, a full-service writing, editing, proofreading, designing, and publishing company. Send me a few pages of your draft or business project. If you start off with a plan in mind, I can tell you if it’s viable. How many people have published something that just doesn’t make sense or has errors that could have been prevented by a writing professional? I do 3rd party, unbiased professional critiques. This is a MUST for traditional publishers as the first step in the process for acceptance. I can recommend publishers, printers, IT/ SEO specialists, social media and sales venues, and manage the whole project, if desired. I create, write, and design websites from a visual and written perspective based on current and future trends, using your IT person or recommend the very best in SEO/html/troubleshooting/development. I am available to create full business promo packages.
We’re all on this journey called life together, and as we change, evolve, and shift perceptions, we cling together in a common bond, always learning, creating, and expressing!
I am a 27-year SLE Lupus/R.A. survivor. “Never a victim, I am a Survivor!”
Deborah A. Bowman