Deborah A. Bowman (bowmanauthor): Author of 8 books; Writer/Editor/Designer/Publisher
My first poem was published when I was 12 years old in a 4-H Magazine, and I was hooked!
I read everything I could get my hands on and wrote continuously…everything for everyone.
My career allowed me to write in different voices, medias, and genres. It was gratifying to create the right product for the right audience; hopefully on-time and in-budget:
- Educated at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Graduate School, I became Publications Authorization Officer for DOD. I take great pride in supporting our Armed Forces with clear, accurate instructional manuals and reports, many of which are still in use today, and creating full-color newspaper/public affairs media.
- I wrote a monthly column for “Medical News” as an Advanced Certified Psychological Hypnotherapist (A.C.P.H.) and was featured in the “Washington Post Newspaper Parenting Magazine” for my work with ADHD teens. Hypnotherapy certification started out as a hobby for me to cope with pain and to learn relaxation, but my desire to help others has always pushed me in new, exciting directions.
- At an early age (late-30’s) I spent two years in a wheelchair, working as a Fiction Reader for Erie Literary Agency. I learned invaluable tools to assist other authors produce their best works. I embraced the challenge!
- I have had numerous poems and lyrics/songs published as a musician (reeds, guitar, piano, Celtic harp, singer).
- As an editor/formatter for eBookstand.com (rated no. 3 on Oprah Winfrey’s print-on-demand list), I e-published two of my own books: A novel and a short-story Anthology. I had finally returned to my roots. I now have 8 books published.
Now, I’m very happy and pleased to wear two hats:
- The Writer/Editor, who polishes all genres of written and designed media to the highest quality by “continuously reading everything by everyone”. I read for myself with my clients in mind to offer cutting-edge trends in editing and proofreading. One should never proofread their own work.
- The fiction writer/reader (aren’t all writers, readers?) writing, doing book reviews, encouraging, mentoring.
MY BOOKS ARE ALL LINKED BELOW AND ON MY SIDEBAR:
- Latest Release, Annie’s Story, Blessed With A Gift: Inspired by an hypnotic past-life regression and much research, this historical fiction selection appeals to all ages. Annie’s message is timeless as she represents the treatment, bullying, labeling, and abuse of individuals with special needs, especially women and children. Unfortunately, perceptions haven’t changed all that much since the 17th century. In Annie’s lifetime amidst suspicion and fears of demonology (1630-1648), children born with birth defects and their mothers were banished or put to death; their names cleansed from all church and legal records. Annie is an incredible savant, whimsical as a child, with paranormal and healing gifts from the Spiritual Universe. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9NRYMU
- Quill and Ink…Inspirational, Motivational and Creative Writings: Poetry, Essays, Excerpts, Short Stories, and Creative Visualization for the spiritual, artistic individual. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018F05SU8
- LIVING IN A SHADOW, a full-length novel, romantic psychological suspense for mature audiences, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AP68CUO
- DENNY RYDER PARANORMAL CRIME SERIES, Novella Thrillers for YA and adults:
- STROKE OF FEAR! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CFWYAX4
- STROKE OF MIDNIGHT! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F8Z2KAK
- STROKE OF SILENCE! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH78VOE
- RELEASED, JUNE 2015, STROKE OF INNOCENCE! Book 4 in the Denny Ryder Paranormal Crime Series. Serial killer Benny Russo is on the run. Will he be caught and brought to justice? This novella is dedicated to the families of missing children. If the children never come home again, you will see them in heaven. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZMNYZ1K
- RELEASED, February 22, 2015, The Boy and the Shopkeeper, Episode 1, DELILAH, ASTRAL INVESTIGATOR, Infinity Series; Time-Travel Novels for YA and adults. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TVULOQY
I am available to speak on tricks-of-the-trade in writing/editing/proofreading/publishing, also included on my blog.
I am CEO for http://www.clasidconsultantspublishing.com, a full-service writing, editing, proofreading, designing, and publishing company. Send me a few pages of your draft or business project. If you start off with a plan in mind, I can tell you if it’s viable. How many people have published something that just doesn’t make sense or has errors that could have been prevented by a third-party writing professional? Not your friend, not your mother or family member: An editor.
We’re all on this journey called life together, and as we change, evolve, and shift perceptions, we cling together in a common bond, always learning, creating, and expressing!
I am a 25-year SLE Lupus/R.A. survivor:
“Never a victim, I am a Survivor!”